CREATE & USE MULTIPLE SIGNATURES IN GMAIL
- Most of us wear multiple hats, perform different roles and prefer to use a Gmail signature respective to that specific role.
- Like me, you might have been using Canned responses or 3rd party plugins to create and use multiple Gmail signatures, but no more with the launch of this new Gmail feature.
- Gmail and G Suite users can now create and use multiple signatures while composing new emails or replying to emails, let me show you how to use this feature.
Watch the video above to understand how to Gmail Signature Manager works.
Go to Gmail.com and enter your Gmail email address to login.
Go to Gmail.com and enter your Gmail password to login.
Click on the gear icon on top right and then click on settings as shown in the screenshot below.
Go to General tab and scroll down to find “Signature”.
Click on “Create new” to create your new Gmail signature.
Name your Gmail signature (better to make it contextual so it becomes easy for you to identify later it by name if you have multiple signatures)
Complete your Gmail signature as shown in the screenshot below, and then scroll down to save your changes.
I would create one more signature here to show you how you can use any of these signatures when composing or replying in Gmail.
Click on “Create new” again to create your second Gmail signature.
Name your second Gmail signature, and then click on Create.
Complete your second Gmail signature.
Here you can choose your default Gmail signature for new emails and email replies.
- You can also enable “Insert signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “-” – line that precedes it.
- I would recommend you to enable it to make your replies clean, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Finally, scroll down, and save your changes.
- You can go to your Gmail and click on compose.
- You would now notice that Gmail has inserted your default signature based on the defaults that you chose in Gmail signature settings above.
- You can however click on “Insert Signature” (Pen Icon) as shown in the screenshot below and select the signature that you want to insert from your multiple Gmail signatures.
- You would notice that Gmail instantly replaced your default signature to the one you chose.
- You can also use “Insert Signature” icon to insert signature of your choice in email replies as shown below.