G SUITE DKIM SETUP
- In the previous tutorial we set up SPF Record to differentiate genuine emails from spam emails.
- In this part of G Suite Setup guide, I will show you how to set up another security measure called DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail).
- Watch a video guide or continue reading to learn how you can correctly setup G Suite DKIM with your domain.
- Using a simple analogy of a bank, let me try to help you understand how DKIM basically works.
- When you send someone with a check, a bank verifies your signature with what they have stored in their database.
- If the signature doesn't match, it's considered forgery. More or less, DKIM works in a similar fashion.
6. Generate new record (Part 2)
- From above step, you will see similar form like one in the screenshot.
- In the first part, you select DKIM length. I recommend you choose 2048 value because the longer the key the more secure it. Unless advised by your registrar.
- In part two, you can type a text for your reference. You may leave it as it is. Then click on "Generate" link.
- On a successful authentication, G Suite will give you a green notification like one in the screenshot.
- This means that your DKIM record has successfully been set up and your emails will now be super secure.
- That is it, for comments and questions, leave them in comment section below and I'll be happy to help.