Send & Receive emails from g suite groups
- You can leverage G Suite groups to create additional emails without having to purchase an extra license.
- This includes use-cases where you'd like your team to receive and reply to emails sent to a group email address such as email@example.com
- In this video, I explain how to create G Suite groups and how you can send and reply using a group email address.
1. Login to Admin console
- To be able to create and manage groups, you must be a G Suite admin, if you're not you can ask your administrator to delegate administration permissions to you.
- From Gmail, click on settings icon then click on 'Manage thid domain' to login with your admin username and password.
4. Create new Group
- To create a new group complete a form as required. In field (1) type new group name followed by a group username in field (2).
- If you have more than one domains, you can choose which domain you want to associate this group to in field (3).
- Then choose access level from drop down (4). There're different access levels, you can read a description on each access level to choose one that suites your use case.
- To be able to receive emails from addresses outside your domain, check option (5). Then click 'Create' button.
6. Add members to Group
- Clicking on 'Manage user' from previous step leads you to a form where you can add new members.
- To add a member, type their email address in field (1). This can as well be an email address outside your domain.
- Next, select whether a user should be a 'member' or 'owner' from option (2). Then click on 'Add' button to create new user.
7. Configure 'Send mail as'
- To let members send and reply to emails using group email, 'Send mail as' feature has to be configured on a member's Gmail account.
- From a member's email account, click on the settings icon then click on 'Settings' from drop down menu.
That is it!
- That is all to it. You just learnt how to create new groups, add new members to it, and configure 'Send mail as' to let a member send and respond to emails using group's email address.
- But if you still face some problems, don't hesitate to leave your questions and comments below so I can help.