1. G Suite Promo Code
I am a G Suite Certified Consultant, and in this article, I will share 10 tips to help you save upto 50% on your G Suite (Google Apps) in the order of ease (except 10th tip).
Lets start with G Suite Promo Code for 20% guaranteed savings for first 12 months assuming you are a new G Suite customer.
No wait, No Hit and Try, Get 100% working promo code for G suite right in your inbox instantly.
More Ways to Save
Before you apply G Suite promotion code that I emailed you, carefully read following 9 tips to save 30% more, and cut down your G Suite monthly payment to half starting November 2017, so lets save some more dollars:).
Commit & Save 17% more
2. Switch to Annual Plan
If you have been following so far, you got 14 days trial + you used G Suite Promotion Code for November 2017 (20% savings).
If You are now sure that G Suite can help you be productive and collaborative with its innovative tools like Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar, Hangouts and Sites
Then its time to consider switching to yearly plan as it comes with 17% additional savings
I have highlighted pros and cons of G Suite's Monthly vs Annual plans below which should help you decide whats best for you.
G Suite Certified Consultant
Consolidate Multiple Businesses (domains) under one G Suite Account
3. Multiple Businesses - Smart Way
If you run multiple business, you know how hard it is to switch back and forth among Gmail accounts to manage your multiple mailboxes.
lets take a scenario, you run 3 small businesses, each business has its own website, now you need 3 email addresses to interact with prospects and clients of these business (one each).
Instead of going with usual way of buying 3 Gmail for business licenses, lets see (below) how playing a bit smart here can save us 66%.
- Sign up 3 domains with G Suite
- Buy 3 licenses ($150/year $50*3), one license on each domain
- Create 3 gmail addresses (one for each domain)
- Switch back and forth in all 3 to check emails and reply to them
4. Google Groups - Little Secret
I have seen businesses go crazy on creating users without taking advantage of Google Groups
Its not unusual to see some creating users like email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and wasting their hard earned money every month, as G Suite pricing is recurring.
Well, thats ok, because they are experts in their business, and not G Suite, but what if a little bit of learning can help you save substantial money?
In this video, i will show you how you can use G Suite Groups to send and receive emails and save some money
5. G Suite Catch All Account
You might use your G Suite email address to sign up for different services, may be newsletter subscription etc, instead of putting your primary email id everywhere, you should rather do this-:
- Create a G Suite Catch All Account
- Now you can give anyone any email id, it only has to end up in @yourdomain.com, thats it
- Google will catch all email send to any email id @yourdomain and send it your primary mailbox
Gmail + Method
- Your email id is goldy @ Gmail.com
- Gmail allows you to receive emails on Goldyemail@example.com
- But this trick is too old, and people can easily judge your real email id by removing the part after +
- Its ok to use if you use @gmail.com, but there is a better way if you have signed up G Suite
Catch All Method
- You main email id is firstname.lastname@example.org and you created catch all account as shown in the video above
- You can now use any email id, it just has to end up in @yourdomain.com
- No one can guess you real email id now, much better than playing with Gmail’s + method
- When you sign up for things which need email id, but you really don’t want to give your real one, just give email@example.com, and once done, create a filter to auto delete emails coming on this email id.
6. Recipient Address Mapping
Watch me create 2000 FREE email addresses in G Suite for sending and receiving emails in less than 6 minutes with this hidden feature.
If you are a non technical person, then please do not get scared by looking at this technical term “Recipient address map” its not my fault, google named it like this, but i’ll make it easy for you to understand it (and of course use it) to save some money with it.
Once you understand it well, you can really save good money, so lets go for it
Google has a feature (which very less knows about, and you’ll not be one of them after today:) called “Recipient address mapping” which is hidden in the G Suite Control Panel which you get access to when you sign up for Google Apps.
Understanding Recipient address map-:
Think of it like a spreadsheet with 2 columns, where
- Column 2 = Your Actual G Suite email id for which you pay every month to Google.
- Column 1 = Your Nick Name (for this you do NOT pay to google, but google let you receive any email sent to your nick name in your main (column 1) mailbox
so i know, you might have got some idea now, but to make sure you get it right, here is an example
let say you are just starting up your business and like a passionate business owner, you would love to be perceived as a professional (or kind of big) business, by creating different email addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, support@, sales@, helpdesk@ etc, but it will be just you behind the scenes.
In this case, you can buy one license which will be your primary G Suite mailbox, and then put other accounts as nick names in recipient address table, and now you are free to give these emails addresses to your network, because when people send emails to any of your ids, it will come right in your primary mailbox.
but wait…………. you might be asking what i need to reply to these emails, it won’t look if the replies go from my email id instead from the one to whom email was actually sent.
well, if you have this question, i would say “You got it”!
so here is the way you can do just that, google offers something called “Send Mail As”, it is a feature (if setup correctly) which let you send (or reply) from nick names too.
and you can also set it up in a way, that you don’t have to choose it manually all the time, rather it automatically sends from the email id to which the email was actually sent.
Note-: you will always have the option to choosing from email id (primary or nick name) you want to send from.
so let us see how to configure this hidden gem called “Gmail Send Mail As”, here is an easy step by step video to set it up
7. Switch to a G Suite (Google Apps) Reseller
Though the G Suite Promo Code for U.S got you 20% discount by now, but what if you in your second year of G Suite sign up?
Most of the the businesses do not even know that Google has resellers who are specialized in transitioning you to G Suite and get most out of your investments in it (not a good job google:(
How does it help you save money……????
G Suite Partners / Resellers get 20% recurring commissions on Google Apps licenses, which means the license you get from Google in $50, its cost to reseller is $40, now its not just a selling game, resellers have to add a lot of value such as-:
- G Suite Setup as per Google’s best recommended practices
- Data Migration from your email server to G Suite (such as emails, calendar and contacts)
- Change Management (including “Communications management”, “Training Management” and “Support management”)
- Security, Mobility, Integrations etc
but there is a good chance for you to save money here and also get personalized and expert support to use google apps at its best
You can contact any Google Apps Reseller (here is a Google Partner directory) mentioning that you have already signed up for G Suite and wondering if you can get some discount if you transfer your account to them.
In most of the cases, you should be able to get around 5% to 10% discount on your Google Apps billing, making it a win-win as reseller will still get 10% margin even after giving 10% to you.
Note-: You need to make sure that the reseller you are signing up with is credible + has active Google partnership + Expertise + may be a few case studies.
ok, so if you have been following so far, you would have reduced (or at least in position to reduce) your G Suite monthly bill substantially.
lets move on and cover couple of more saving to save
8. Do you qualify to get G Suite for FREE?
I have seen sometimes businesses straight away jump to buy google apps even if they can get it for free or at very high discount.
In case if you are an educational institute, you might be qualified for “G Suite for Education” which provides unlimited number of users with ZERO cost, here is the criteria provided by Google -: Eligibility criteria for G Suite for Education by Google
and if you are a non profit organization with 501 3 C status you can also qualify for it, however its free upto 3,000 users, and if you have more than 3k users, you can get 66% discount
Here is detailed criteria Eligibility criteria for G Suite for Non Profits by Google
9. Keep an eye - review your usage
If its just you using G Suite as a single user, then its ok, but if you have a few users and usually add/remove licenses, you should make a habit of reviewing your google apps license usage every month
i would say a week ago your monthly billing date, this will help you avoid paying for licenses which you do not use.
While reviewing, ask yourself these questions-:
- Would this new user need and email id and password to login to new mailbox OR just needs a way to send and receive emails?
- Can I better a Google Group and configure “Send Mail As”?
- If the user has left, and a new one is joining, should i simply rename a user from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com as this will retain old employees data too (including Gmail emails, Google Drive documents, Google+ pages etc)
- will it take a couple of months to replace the left employee? if yes, better to back up his data and delete the mailbox, and create one when new employee joins in
10. Go Get a Beer:)
If you have been sticking so far, and applied all tricks mentioned above, I believe you would have saved substantial amount of money on your G Suite (formerly Google Apps).
Its time to pat yourself on the back, and may be get a beer with nachos and some salsa:)
Below I have put some more information for your reference including
How to apply G Suite Promo Code (instructions with screenshots)
Step 1 - Login to G Suite Admin Console
To apply your G Suite Promo Code, Login to your Google Apps Admin console by visiting admin.google.com and login in with your administrator credentials.
There are 3 possible ways to login to your Admin console, if you aren’t sure, watch the video for instructions.
Step 2 - Go to Billing Section
Now after login to Admin console, go to billing section by either clicking on the “Setup Billing” button on the dashboard of your G Suite Control Panel or by click on the big Billing icon
Look at the screenshot for reference
Step 3 - Select Your Payment Plan
You will find Flexible and Annual plan, choose the one you want to go with, promotion cod will work with both the payment options.
Note-: Google only offers 20% discount on G Suite Basic Plan, if you signing up for G Suite Business Plan, consider this
Step 4 - Enter Your Promo Code
Click on the “Promotion Code” link and enter your promo code.
If it says, “The promotion code you entered is not valid for the selected product” that means you are signing up for G Suite Business Plan for which Google only not provide discount coupon for a very few countries, so write to me at goldy at goldyarora.com for it.
Step 5 - Confirm It Has Been Applied
Now you should see the message "If you see the message "20% off each month for 12 month(s) if minimum monthly bill is $1.00".
Which sounds a bit confusing, but that means your promotion code has been applied and you will start seeing 20% discount on your coming 12 monthly invoices.
Not Valid for Selected Product
After applying the discount coupon, if you get an error “The Promotion Code you entered is not valid for the selected product” that means you are signing up for G Suite Business ($10/user/month) plan.
Unfortunately, this subscription is not part of Google’s promotion program, You should rather consider suggestion below if you if you want to save without losing on storage feature
- If you need email archiving due to the industry you operate in (such as banking industry needs businesses to keep last 7 years email)
- If you need Granular Google Drive sharing rules OR information rights management such as who can download your document etc.
- If you need recently launched Google Team Drives
- If you are signing up for business plan just to get additional storage, then consider going with basic plan to get 20% discount
- And then buy additional storage, it should be cheaper option for you
- Once you are logged into your G Suite Gmail, click on below link to check additional storage pricing https://www.google.com/settings/u/1/storage
- Save 20% for first year, and next year (if required) upgrade to G Suite business
Difference between G Suite Basic & Business Editions
|Features||G Suite Basic||G Suite Business|
|Pricing||$5 per user per month||$10 per user per month|
|Storage||30 GB Storage per user||Unlimited Storage per user (or 1TB if less than 5 users)|
|Password Security||Password monitoring and strength control||Password monitoring and strength control|
|Multi Factor Authentication||Yes, 2-step verification||Yes, 2-step verification|
|Authentical Flexibility||Single Sign On (SSO)||Single Sign On (SSO)|
|Advanced Drive auditing and reports||No||Yes|
|Advanced Drive administrator controls||No||Yes|
|Template Gallery||Yes (no moderation)||Yes, (with moderation)|
|G Suite Promotion by Google||Yes, 20%||No Promo|
Promo Code FAQs
I have answered frequently asked questions about G Suite Promo Code below for your reference, hope it helps to provide clarity.
How many coupons can i apply to get maximum discount on your subscription?
You only need to apply one code for your account, number of users or domains are irrelevant here.
You will get 20% discount on your total billing for the first year, be it one user or hundred.
Will these codes expire?
Yes, every Code has an expiry date, so make sure you ask your referral partner to send you code for current month.
Can this be applied on all G Suite Pricing Plans?
No, at this time, it can be applied to G Suite basic plan which is $5 per user per month (or $50 per user per year if you are signing up for annual plan), though Google does provide it for for unlimited plan (which is $10 per user per month (of $120 per user per year if you are signing up for annual plan), however only for a very few countries, please write to us and we'll be happy to help.
Can i get it on retailmenot?
Its not recommended, as per referral program terms and conditions, it is violation if one puts codes on public coupon sites like retailmenot.com, fyvor.com, promopro.com, hotdeals.com, groupon.com, or any other website, you get the idea.
So instead of looking for g suites promo code on retailmenot, you should rather request it from a G Suite referral partner, you may fill up the form above and i'll be happy to send you one.
I am a small business in United States, can i use it to save 20% on my G Suite subscription?
You surely can, this new program is available in U.S too, you can find a referral partner and request coupon, or fill up the form above and I will be happy to help you with one for U.S.A…. just don’t expect the beer within the email:)
Can I purchase it?
No, google offers it to referral partners to offer to businesses like yours who are looking to start easy with Apps, nobody is allowed to sell these discount vouchers, and you should strictly not encourage someone selling these.
What if am an existing paying customer, can i still use promo code and save 20%?
No, this referral program is only available for new customers, if you are already a paid customer, I would recommend you to consider above 9 tricks to save on your Gmail subscription
I AM A GOOGLE APPS CONSULTANT
I live in Princeton, NJ with my wife and two kids (Aaditya and Sarah).
In last 7 years, I have learnt lot of things in G Suite (Google Apps) which don’t (and do) work, and I love to share these learnings with community to help you avoid mistakes I did, and get most out of your investment in Google Apps.
Learn Basic G Suite Administration.
with this easy to follow step by step video guide.