Creating Users & Groups in G Suite
- Hi and welcome to video 4 of our step by step guide to G Suite Setup.
- In our previous video we verified our Godaddy ownership to G Suite and we're all set to move on.
- So in this video I get to show you how to create users and groups in G Suite because soon we'll be pointing our email services to Google.
- If you prefer to learn by watching then click on the video and follow along or scroll down to read a text version of the guide.
2. Click on "Users"
- From your admin console you should be able to click on "Users" to start creating new users..
- You can also do the same by searching for "users" from the search bar at the top.
- Or you can as well click on the humberg icon on the left-top corner of the page to get to the same destination.
a) Creating a User at a time
- To create users one-by-one, click on the "Add User" button from previous screen.
- You then get a form where you can fill in a username for a new user. For instance, I will type "sarah" as a username.
- Then you can set the password for the user or you can click on "Create" and let Google generate a random password which you can then send to the user.
b) Creating Multiple Users
- Another way of creating users in G Suites is by preparing a sheet which you then upload to let Google create users from it.
- This spread sheet should have a bear minimum of at least columns which are "First Name", "Last Name" and "Password" because these are required fields.
- Make sure you save this spread sheet in "CSV" format when you're done editing.
Upload Spread Sheet
- The next step is to upload a spread sheet of users you just created and let Google start creating these users for you.
- So you go back to step 3 above and this time click on "Add Multiple Users" options.
- You now have an option to upload the CSV of users you just prepared.
- Make sure you check "Require user to change password on next sign-in", then click on "Upload.
4. Creating Groups
- If you have multiple people that will be receiving an email from a single email address such as email@example.com. You should be creating groups other than spending money on buying licences.
- For instance, I have a team of sales but when an email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, each member in the team should receive an email.
- So to do that, go to your admin console and click on "Groups".
b) Provide group details
- Next, you complete the form to create a new team.
- Provide your teams name, "Sales" in my case, then an email username which is "sales"@aroragoldy.com. You can also provide a description.
- Then choose "Team" under Access Level option and then make sure you check "Also allow anyone on the internet to post messages"
- Click "Create" to continue
New member added to group
- Now that we've created users, a group and added members to a group.
- In our next guide we will go ahead and point our email services to Google mail servers. Which means all these users will begin receiving emails in their gmail inboxes.
- So make sure you checkout the next guide. Thanks and if you have any questions leave them in the comments section below. Thank you!