Personalize Your Access URLS for G Suite Services
- You would not prefer for people to type mail.google.com when accessing emails under G Suite services.
- What if you could personalize such URLs to a professional URL like mail.yourdomain.com?
- So in this G Suite Setup guide, I will be showing you how to do this for different services such as drive, calendar etc.
5. Create CNAME record
- To create a CNAME record, go back to your domain's DNS page and click on "ADD".
- In field (1) choose CNAME as type of record.
- Type a subdomain in field (2) such as 'mail' that you created in step 5 as host.
- Then paste into field (3) the CNAME destination you copied in step 4 above.
- Click "Save" and repeat these steps for all of subdomains such as drive, calendar, etc.
You're all set!
- Now when you instead of typing mail.google.com for instance, your users can just type mail.yourdomain.com in their browsers.
- If you see an error while adding a custom URL, it's likely that you're entering a duplicate URL or the URL is already in use. Double check and try again.
- For questions and comments, feel free to leave them in the comment section below and I'll be happy to help.