Purchasing a domain from Godaddy
- Hi this is Goldy, and welcome to our 10 part G Suite Setup video guide for setting up your Godaddy domain with G Suite.
- Our first step in G Suite - Godaddy Setup will be purchasing a domain name.
- So I will walk you through step-by-step on how you purchase a domain from Godaddy.
- If you're a visual learner click on the video and follow along or scroll down to read a text version of the guide.
2. Add Domain to Cart
- If your preferred domain is available (not yet taken), you will be able to add it to the cart.
- In case it's already taken, Godaddy will suggest for you other names or you may have to change your name and perform a search again.
- So go ahead and click on "Add to Cart" then proceed by clicking "Continue to Cart".
3. Choose optional add-ons
- Now Godaddy like most domain provides will suggest for you some additional options.
- You can select an option that is necessary for you such as a domain privacy if you do not want the public to know who's behind the domain you're purchasing.
- After making your desired options, click on "Continue with these options".
4. Select Registration Period
- Next, we'll be selecting a registration period for our domain. In my case I will go with a one year period.
- Most domain registrars will give you a discount for your first year after which normal charges will apply for the subsequent years.
- The minimum period you can register a domain is 1 year.
9. Add your Credit Card information
- Now on the same form where you provide your personal information, when you scroll down you will see a form that requires you provide your credit card information.
- This is the card that will be used for your domain purchase. So go on and provide your correct card information.
- Godaddy also gives you an option for express checkout where your card information is saved for future checkout. Click on "Continue" after providing your card information.
10. Review and Complete Captcha
- Now Godaddy will ask you to review your order so you can confirm that the information you've provided is correct.
- Next, Godaddy requires that you complete a captcha challenge that proves that you're a human being.
- Type a correct captcha code and click on "Place Your Order".
- So after you've provided correct payment information, your order will be completed and you'll receive an email to confirm you domain purchase.
- When you register a domain you get access to your domain administration panel where you get to things such as creating your emails, etc
- In the next guide I'll show you how to register your Godaddy domain with G Suite so you can start using Google services such as emails, calendar, contacts, drive, hangouts and so on.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to put them as comments and and I'll be happy to help. Thank you!